Monday, November 2, 2009

This is A Day to Rejoice in Him!



My daughter, Lexi, who is 6 years old has always been a child of God. Literally. She is constantly amazing me in her faith and even at times reminding me of the better way to live and the direction to look in. I honestly believe that without a doubt this child, my very own daughter, is destined by our Savior to do amazing things in this world.

She prays daily, and without prompting or reminders to do so, and she will tell you without hesitation that God talks back to her. I for one, long to hear God talk back to me. I listen and have decided that when His timing is right (as it always is) He will tell me what I need to hear. But with Lexi, she will tell me things that only God could tell her.

For example, and this was our first encounter with her relationship with God stepping into this level of faith and communication. Two years ago, she was 4 years old, her and my mother were leaving Dallas from a visit with my father and heading home. She kept telling my mother that they shouldn't leave, it wasn't time for them to leave. My mom thought, as any adult would, that she just didn't want to leave her Popoo and the swimming at the hotel. Further down the road to home, they made it just almost to Vernon and a storm hit them. Mom was driving on the highway and Lexi was in the backseat covered by a blanket due to the hail busting out the windshield on them. After making it Vernon, my mom called me and I got into my car to go get them. When I got there, Lexi wasn't scared anymore. She was quite calm, actually. My mother drove her car on home with my father in law with her, and Lexi got into the car with me. Once on the road she told me out of the blue that "daddy" was going to get a new job and would be home with us every night one day soon. Now ... the only people that knew my husband had a job interview for such a position was the two of us. The interview was going on as I was driving to Vernon and I was informed of it only an hour before. Nobody knew but the two of us! I then asked her who told her such a thing and she told me, "God did, Mommy. He told me that we needed to stay with Popoo, too. So that bad storm wouldn't scare me and Nana. But we're okay."

Now with that long story being told, I will let you know that a month later my husband got the job he interviewed for that day and has since been home with us everyday and has not missed anything the kids have done. Previously he was working in Oklahoma and was gone for 2-3 weeks at a time just to be home for 1-2 weeks before leaving again.

Since this day, my daughter, over the course of two years now, has continually amazed me with her communication with the Lord. Which progressed into her overly sensitive and sympathetic personality towards all people. She honestly and openly loves every person she meets. She believes that they are each friends that God has sent to her.

I know that this has been a long blog, and it does have a conclusion. A glorious one! Since my children were born I have prayed with them each day and we have read bible stories together as well. My daughter has recently started attending a bible study for children at our church and is absolutely loving it. Well ... tonight when I picked her up, she asked me if I knew what being baptisted meant. When I told her that I did and that I made that decision a long time ago, I asked her if she knew what it meant. She told me, "Momma, it means that you let God into your heart forever. That you want to live like Jesus did. That your heart has a door and that if you let God open it your heart turns to gold. It even means that you are saved and that you go to Heaven."

WOW! Right? Such big words for such a small person. I was utterly amazed in my precious daughter. And then she said it. She tells me, "Momma. If I am old enough, I have made up my mind to be baptised. Can I get baptised while being 6?" Praise God! My daughter has just made a huge decision all on her own. She understands as much as she can for her age, and in most cases more than she should be able to understand. My prayers have been answered and my daughter is truely an Angel of Him.

For those of you that have shared in my joy tonight. I love each of you. Thank you for praying for my family as I have yours. Thank you for being a part of my daughters walk with the Lord.
11-02-09 will forever be a blessed day in my calendar! Now, we must visit with the church in making arrangments for her baptism!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting for Miss Lexi! You have been blessed with a very special little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a huge blessing and every parents prayer for their child! God Bless Lex and you Britt! You are an amazing Mommy that has helped lead her down this road! I praise God for Lexi's decision and know she will do great things for his kingdom! Love - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just texted you because I couldn't figure out your #! YAY! She is an absolutely precious little girl with such a sweet soul! Love that Lexi girl!

    I am so glad you decided to let her move forward with this. Speaking from experience, if you try to use the "you're not old enough" card on them when they are CERTAIN of what they believe and want, they may get "old enough" and not be interested anymore. If it is on her heart...she's ready!! LOVE THAT!!

    YAY LExi!! The Horton's love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my outlook on it as well, Amy. I do not believe there is an age to tag a person to be ready for God to be in their heart. She says she is ready, and continues to say she is ready ... so I am letting her make that choice and we are going with it. :) Thank you all for your support and praise!

    ReplyDelete