Friday, November 6, 2009

A Weekend of Preperation and Fun ...

After a long week, the weekend is upon me and I pray that all of the preperations I have done are enough. November always starts a busy time for me all the way around. Not only is it the time of year we start getting really busy at work (which is a great thing) but it is also the first of a string of birthdays in with the holidays.
Today we celebrated my Dad's birthday. After work, my family went to my parents house, where we joined a couple of dear family friends, for a delicious meal my Momma cooked. Mexican cornbread, beans, salad, tacos and pound cake with fresh strawberries. Yum! Dad received some really nice gifts and we had a wonderful time visiting. The kids were so excited it was Popoo's birthday. They were so cute with him.
For the past week, I have been getting things situated at work for our Open House this Saturday. After dinner at my parents, I went back to work to finish setting up a few things, and placing food in the fridge so that I don't have to rush as bad in the morning. I know that tomorrow will be a huge success, as it always is, I am just a little stressed about it because although I know how Sharon wants things done, she isn't there to say "yes" or "not so much" to me. I am so grateful that she has so much trust and faith in me, but I still like her approval and it is her business. I hope that after taking pictures of all that we have done she can enjoy it as if she were there.
After tomorrow's busy day at work, we will be attending my next door neighbor's sweet little girl's first birthday party. She is such a little princess. Adorable. I am so excited that we get to be there for the celebration. First birthday's are always so sweet.
Tomorrow is also the annual Christmas in the Park for our community. So, tonight I helped my Mom and her best friend put together their center piece for the table they are hosting. I wish I could be there to support them and enjoy the evening ... but maybe next year.
Then on to Sunday ... the big day for my son's birthday party. He is turning 2 on Monday. I can't believe it. Where has time gone? And of course he has to have a John Deere party. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of little toddlers running around and playing hard, and of course the cake that Holly is making as well. Yum! It will be lots of fun I'm sure.
So ... hence the title of this blog, "A Weekend of Preperation and Fun ..." because that is exactly what this weekend is. Lots of preperation, planning and fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, busy woman! Did you get any sleep last night? LOL! I hope your open house goes amazingly well and I'm sure Sharon will be very pleased with how you are taking such great care of her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much sleep at all, Amy. But well worth the work. Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete